Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Find a Penpal and Share Your Life


Life is full of experiences and we all strive to gain all that we can. The thing is, what is an experience, if it cannot be shared. Share it with a penpal.

Penpals have been around as long as we can remember. Soldiers off to war were able to correspond with people back at home and learn about and enjoy life in the free world. The fact that the majority of these men and women did not know their penpals prior to leaving for the war did not matter. We all seek friendship and common ground with those we are close to and that same thing can be gained through the written word.

If you have never written to a penpal it is an experience that you will never forget. It is just like meeting a new friend at the gym or the grocery store. You will be able to communicate an share your life with someone that you would never meet in you everyday circles. That is pretty exciting isn't it?

I have had a few of the same penpals for years and have never met them in person, however that does not take away from the times and experiences that we have shared. I came across my first penpal through a service that just matches people from across the world by interest. Do not get me wrong this is not a dating strategy; it is only a way to meet new and interesting people.

Thanks to my penpals I was able to learn the inside thoughts of people living in Germany, Italy and even England. I would not trade them for the world. Joanne and Terry have been a huge part of my life. You know when you have an idea or question you ask the people you see everyday and that are exposed to the same things you are. I have the chance ot ask people from completely different walks of life and that is wonderful.

If you have never had a penpal I highly recommend it.

No comments: